Friday, June 16, 2006

Swingers



[4 months ago]

Answering Machine: Hi, this is Jimmy. Leave a message.

Pete Carroll: Hi. Uh, Jimmy, this is Pete. I met you at the, um, at the 5 Star Football camp, uh, tonight. Uh, I just called t-to say that I had a great time... and you should think about USC and call me tomorrow, or in, uh, t-two days, uh, whatever. Anyway, uh, my number...[Beep!] is...

Answering Machine: Hi, this is Jimmy. Leave a message.
Pete Carroll: Hi, uh, Jimmy, this is Pete again.
I just called 'cause it sounded like your machine might've cut me off... when, uh, when I... before I finished leaving my number. Anyway, uh... And also, uh, sorry to call so late,
but you were still at the 5 Star camp talking to Coach Weis before I left to throw more dummies off the USC campus buildings, so I knew I'd get your machine. Anyhow, uh, uh, my number's...[Beep!]

Answering Machine: Hi, this is Jimmy. Leave a message.
Pete Carroll: 213-555-USC(#)2. That's it. Just wanna leave my number.
I didn't want you to think I was weird, desperate, basing our franchise solely on 2 players for the past 3 years, or being out-recruited from my own backyard-d... We should just, uh, hang out... for the next four years or so and, uh, see where it goes. 'Cause I’m nice, and, uh, you know, we have no more national title e-expectations. So, okay? Thanks a lot. Bye-bye.

Answering Machine: Hi, this is Jimmy. Leave a message.
Pete Carroll: I just got out of a four-year relationship with another quarterback who might be auditioning to be the 5th member of 98 degrees okay? That should help explain why I'm acting so weird. I just wanted you to know that. It's not you, it's me. Do you like Snoop Dogg and Jimmy Fallon…? I can set-t … set that up… nevermind… I'm sorry…
Pete Carroll: … This is Pete.

Answering Machine: Hi, this is Jimmy. Leave a message.
Pete Carroll: Hi, Jimmy, this is Pete. Could you just, uh, call me when you get in? I'm gonna be up for a while trying to find a quarterback who isn’t named after a slang word for a part of a person’s anatomy or one who isn't sexually harrassing coeds and I'd rather speak to you in person... instead of trying to fit it all into [Beep!] ... F**k!

Answering Machine: Hi, this is Jimmy. Leave a message.
Pete Carroll: Uh, Jimmy? M-Pete. It's, uh, uh... It's just, uh... This just isn't working out. I- I think you're great, but, uh, I-I... can’t handle the pressure of molding quarterback talent. Maybe we should just take some time off from each other. It's not you, it's me. It's what I'm going through. All right? Uh, i-i-it's, it... It's only been 4 months since my last quarterback...

Jimmy: Pete?

Pete Carroll: Jimmy! Great! D- Did you just walk in, or were you listening all along?
Jimmy: Don't ever call me again.

[Click]

Pete Carroll: Wow. I-I guess you're home.

a skylar novak joint

Google

1 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PUT UP A NEW PAGE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home