Thursday, November 03, 2005

Saving Privates Ryan..., and Walls, and Frazer, and Jones, and...


Worried about “racism” negatively affecting recruiting? Worried some blue chippers might boycott ND after Whitlock’s comments? I wouldn’t be. Check out Weis’ latest inspiring speech to his recruits…:


"Brady? What's the pool on me up to right now? What's it up to? What is it, three hundred dollars -- is that it? Three hundred? I'm a football coach. I coach football in this little town called South Bend, Indiana. For the last seven games, I've been at the University of Notre Dame. I was founder of a NPO to fight autism in my off time. Back home when I tell people that Notre Dame is not racist, they think, well, that, that figures. But in the media it's a big, a big mystery. So I guess we've changed some. Sometimes I wonder if the media has changed us so much that the alums are ever gonna recognize us whenever it is they get back here -- and how I'll ever be able to tell them about days like today. Whitlock -- I don't know anything about Whitlock. I don't care. Man means nothin' to me. It's just a name. But if -- you know -- if getting a 10-year extension and recruiting a team of nasty mo fo’s, if that earns me the right to get ND back to glory -- well, then, then that's my mission. You wanna leave? You wanna go off and fight the racism war? Alright. Alright, I won't stop you. I'll even put in the paperwork. I just know that every coach I embarrass Saturday afternoon, the closer to glory I feel."

Google

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home